Ever get that feeling of just having too much? Overindulgence is real thing. Here are quick tips to get you back on the right track with a healthy detox in 2020.
Relax & Restore
Doing a detox isn't just about food - you want to rejuvenate your body in other ways. Since a good night's rest is essential to repair & restore the body, here's a few things you can do to get quality sleep.
- Stretch before bed. Stretching your body relieves aches but it can also calm & prep you for sleep.
- Read a book. Reading helps the mind power down after a long day. Read one of my favorite books, Pretty Happy, By Kate Hudson! You'll love it!
- Take a warm bath or shower. The warm water can soothe your muscle & the hot steam can open your sinuses to help you breathe better while you sleep.
- Drink herbal tea. Drinking non caffeinated tea can help you unwind and relax before bedtime.
- Put away the electronics. Having a cutoff time for your electronic devices 20 to 30 min before bed can help your mind relax and prepare for nighttime.
Eliminate the Junk
Now that the holiday is over, it's time to throw the leftovers away and get back to your meal plan. After eliminating the refined carbs, alcohol and overload of sugars, you'll have more energy throughout the day. While the first few days may feel challenging, you'll be feeling less bloated and back to normal in no time! Remember, the hardest part is starting, BUT YOU CAN DO THIS! #girlpower
To get your body on track, make sure that you're up and moving your body. Regular exercise has an infinite amount of benefits that go beyond weight loss: increases energy, boosts your mood, improves thinking and so on. After a period of overindulgence, exercise is one of the best ways to make yourself feel better. Try one of my fave workouts & see for yourself!
Add Foods With Natural Detoxing Properties
Now that you've removed the junk from your diet, it's time to bring your focus back to your meal plan. In addition to your weekly snacks and meals, here's are a few food items you might want to factor in.
- Lemon Water. Lemons are a great source of vitamin C which helps the body detox and burn fat. YAS! Boost your digestion and give it a try!
- Dark Leafy Greens. There are tons of ways to add leafy greens into your meal plan. Eat them raw, make a salad, add them to your wrap or sandwich. Leafy greens boost chlorophyll levels in the digestive tract, which helps the body get rid of toxins.
- Fresh Fruit. Fruit is full of vitamins and antioxidants and all the good stuff! After filling up your body with butter and booze, do your body a favor and fill it up with some good ol' fruit!
- Ginger and Garlic. Ginger and garlic are good for the liver! Sauté the two and season your healthy meal prep bowl.
- Drink Superfood Tabs. The foundation to any good detox is water. Lots of water. Adding Skinnytabs to your water will wake up your digestive system which gets rid of body waste and toxins. Skinnytabs will also help you boost metabolism, burn fat, increase energy, reduce bloating and fight cravings! So, grab your Skinnytabs and chug up!
“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” - Arthur Ashe
(and see customer reviews)